I'm so overwhelmed switching to Windows 10, please help. Jan 8, 2020 21:33:56 GMT -8
Post by saw141 on Jan 8, 2020 21:33:56 GMT -8
I'm very reluctantly switching my computers over from Windows 7 to Windows 10 now, to keep them as "secure" as possible given Window 7's end of life on January 14th, 2020. I've switched one of my computers and I hate it, I have no idea what to do to get it more like Windows 7. I've used the Classic theme on Windows 7 for like 6 years now and I don't want to use anything else. I despise every new design in Windows 10. This is what my Windows 7 looks like and it's the best for me, I've spent a long time customizing it to my liking.
I've looked around on Reddit, here and Google trying to find how to remove the bloatware of Windows 10...I've learned about TronScript, Windows 10 Decrapify, Group Policies, but even with my (what I thought was) advanced knowledge of computer systems and Windows, I'm so unbelievably overwhelmed and confused. I've looked up videos about using a Windows Classic Theme on Windows 10, too, but I see it breaks stuff...is it possible to get a true Windows 7, Classic Theme? I just want to downgrade my computers to Windows 10, from Windows 7 for the continued update support, and DX12....I don't want anything different from Windows 7...please.
Windows 10 honestly makes me genuinely depressed; it is so un-intiutive and as some people suspect, I think Microsoft is doing it intentionally. I think Microsoft wants to have Windows 10 become a service, where the majority of users are subject to an oversimplified experience and have incredibly low amounts of control and input for their experience. I think they want user data, ad and partner revenue, and to be the go to for resolving user issues which will be more prevalent than ever considering they've made the interfaces so horribly confusing and simplified. Over the years, as mobile devices have become more prevalent; I've noticed more and more design from mobile devices creeping into websites and systems. Ironically the goal of these design changes seemed to be simplification of interfaces for the general audience's ease of access but now it's gotten to a point where information has been sacrificed for the sake of "simplicity" which is horribly ironic to me. I like customizing my system, it's MY system, I use it for hours every single day...I want it to be how I want it to be, not how some money hungry designer at Microsoft wants it to be so I'll buy Candy Crush. I hate Windows 10, I desperately hope that there are fixes that I can do to it to make it essentially Windows 7 Classic Theme...because it honestly makes me consider hurting myself (that's not a joke, I struggled with depression and tonight has been really hard for me because of this). This operating system is honestly condescending, I despise the language it uses, it treats users like children
- "This may take some time" give me an estimate, show me a progress bar, show me what files are doing what.
- "We're getting things together for you" what things? what files? how long will it take? WHO? You're a prebuilt OS not some service worker on the other side transferring files.
- "Apps" Programs, Applications, this isn't a phone, it's a desktop computer.
- At most the control panel sections have 4 descriptive words or phrases...there's no advanced control panel like Windows 7 that expands all the groups, showing every single individual section of the control panel.
- "Hi" hi? Oh yeah, I say that too, haha, we're friends now. No, Windows 10 is not a friend, it's a piece of software. I hate this language so many companies use, it's simplistic, condescending and acts like it's our friend, it's not.
I don't want:
- Telemetry or Data Tracking to Microsoft
- Any forced updates that close programs and lock up the computer without warning me or letting me decline, like how Windows 7 does
- Any preinstalled Windows 10 bloatware like...Cortana, The Start Menu Search Options giving internet results, OneDrive, Defender (I'd rather use Microsoft Security Essentials), GAME BAR???, etc,. I don't know why I can't manually uninstall these things, Microsoft is abhorrent.
- The clock display before showing the login, password entry screen. I don't want to have to hit enter then type my password and I can't find a way to disable this.
- To have to expand the start menu, I want the Windows 7 Classic Theme Start Menu.
- The Metro Theme at all, or whatever this shit is. I hate the excessive padding and lack of visible information and menus, descriptions, functionality. I'm NOT USING A PHONE.
- Anything but basic functionality features.
I do want:
- Full functionality with menus.
- Barebones programs: including and still with calculator, snipping tool, etc,.
- A true functioning Windows 7 Classic Theme that has customizable color, that launches automatically upon starting.
- Windows 7 Classic Theme Start Menu and Taskbar.
- Windows 7 Classic Theme style right click functionality.
This is my Windows 7 Classic Theme Start Menu and I want this, please someone please tell me how to achieve these goals...I'm at my wit's end, I've waited until the very end of Windows 7 and honestly I'm genuinely considering the risks of continuing to use Windows 7 on my main system...it's that bad. Sorry for my language but the installation process alone was a nightmare and now I'm facing this horribly unfriendly user interface and I hate it, I genuinely hate it and whoever shipped it.